Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weekly Challenge for the Week March 6th 2011

























It is Catch Up Time......

Okay, I know two updates in one week is a little crazy but I was trying to kept up my end of the challenge. Well because I was working on the new pieces for this upcoming weekend show, I noticed that I was behind one week.

This is the final design from my previous shows. This piece " Call to Meditation" found a new home this past January on Supper Bowl Sunday. I was a participate in a small trunk show for all of the "Widowed Ladies" because of the Supper Bowl game. It was a fun event and this piece was purchased there. I still wanted you all to see it though. I really want to expand my use of texture and metal forming this year. I love working with the metal to see what type of textures I can create. This look I created using my Chasing Hammer. The Liver of Sulfur patina really brings it out. I also love using local and national Lampwork artist beads in my work as well. It is a way to showcase two artist in one design.

Well I have to get back to work. I have to add some clasps to 3 more pieces and then I will be set for the show. I have already photographed some of the new pieces and I will feature these new designs in the next upcoming weeks in March. I also just got accepted in 2 more shows for the April and June. So I have a lot of work ahead of me. I will keep you up to date on my progress.

Take care and Stay creative!

Allison B.

No comments: