Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Challenge for the Week Of April 3, 2011

This is a Two for One Week Folks!!!

Well, It can happen. I have been working on many projects and getting ready for upcoming shows like crazy. These past 2 weeks have been wild. I have worked on 7 new pieces , drew up 12 new designs and worked on putting together my display at the Mindworks Gallery in Chesterfield, MO. I feel like I have a lot going on. It is a "Pressured yet Rewarding " feeling all at the same time. I enjoy the challenge and It is definitely a "Learning Experience".

I love working in copper. but I know I have to work on some of my designs in brass also. I just purchased a piece of sterling silver to work with as well and boy was that "Painful". I'm not sure if any of you work in silver, but the price sure has gone up lately.
I've sold a major part of my silver collection and it was time to create new pieces. The cost is steep but when you finish your designs and people truly enjoy them. It is worth every penny.

Well because the weeks were so full, I have to double up this weeks entry. So here are two designs for one weekly challenge. This week's entries are "Organic Rings #1" -This the first in a series of 12 pieces and "Solid Yet Broken" - This piece reminded me that I have to work more in brass. I really like to golden tone with the Kyanite.

Well everyone have a wonderful week and stay creative. I will be working hard to finish up these new design and will show them soon.
Take care !


Allison L Norfleet Bruenger
www.alnbcollections.com
http://alnbcollections.blogspot.com

No comments: