Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekly Creative Challenge for the Week of July 3, 2011

Looking Towards the Future!

This is the time that we as artists are now in the "Hurry Up and Wait" mode. This is the time of year that all of the fall and holiday season shows are doing their "Call for Artist" rush. All of the shows due dates are all coming to a head in early and mid July. There are so many ways to apply now. From email to zapplications to snail mail. They just get it in on TIME!!!!! And Let's not forget the FEES- Applications fee, Booth/Space fee, Electrical fee, and even the Insurance fee must be considered when you apply to all these shows. There are many fees but very little time.

I have to admit this is when it is a great time to compare notes with fellow artists to see what is really happening out there. Many artists have been doing these shows for years and most artists are great about sharing information about things such as if a show is worth doing to who is a great company and who to get your artist insurance from. Networking is a wonderful and important part of this business called "art". I am glad I have become friends with a fair amount of artists who are caring and will share information that will help you with these important and sometimes "
Scary" decisions that can shape your career in the long term.

Well I have to finish up this blog entry so I can print up some of these applications and send them on their way. I hope I will hear promising news in the upcoming weeks. But until next week I share with you one of my last creations that found a home earlier this month. Introducing "
Gaze from the East." I hope you enjoy this new work and have a wonderful and creative "4th of July" and great week.

Take Care
Allison B
www.alnbcollections.com
http://alnbcollections.blogspot.com

No comments: